Travelling Mystery Guest recently attended the World Travel Market at the CTICC in Cape Town. Here are our top 5 reasons for attending the next one:
- Meeting up with friends from the industry. In an industry that revolves around interaction with people, meeting up with old friends from the industry is one of the biggest gifts! In addition to the blessing of having friends in the industry, they also know other friends in the industry that they can introduce you to and visa versa. That brings us to the next reason for attending:
- Networking. These types of events are always ideal for making new contacts, creating leads and strengthening relationships. The Tourism and Hospitality Industry is one of those industries where it is best to meet your clients face to face. We like the human-to-human interaction – that’s why we do what we do. This also makes it easier to contact potential clients afterwards.
- Seeing what’s out there. Whether it is new opportunities, huge, scary competition or possibilities for collaboration, you get to see what is out there and you are given the opportunity to talk to different people face to face.
- A pool of people to tap into. Tourism and Hospitality professionals from all over the world attend this event and this provides you with a golden opportunity to tap into this pool of professionals if you play your cards right.
- Never too old to learn. In an ever changing environment, we all struggle to keep track with the latest technology, trends and tactics. The World Travel Market hosts numerous talks on a variety of subjects and you can sit in and take in as much as you like. We especially enjoyed the talk on the current state of travel blogs, hosted by Keith Jenkins, from Velvet Escape Travel Blog and iAmbassador.
So, be sure to save up for the next World Travel Market – it definitely is worth your travels and your time.
Written by: Renate Engelbrecht
How can you identify and get to know your fans (target market) on Facebook? In our previous post we had a look at why we need to know our Facebook fans and the process of defining them. Today we look at the questions to ask and growing your Facebook fan base:
Ask the right questions:
- How many people are in my target market?
- Where does my target market hang out?
- What does my target market enjoy the most?
- What does my target market worry about the most?
- How much is my target market willing to spend?
- Does my target market consist of different segments?
- What makes the people in my target market feel welcome?
Now…what do you do with all this information? You use it to help you…
- write better content and web copy that will relate to the right target markets and encourage them to engage with your brand,
- understand where to spend more time when it comes to networking, and
- see why people rather buy from you than from your competitors.
How can you grow your fan base on Facebook?
- Update your profile and/or company page on a regular basis to keep information up to date. This includes your contact details, maps and directions to your hotel, guesthouse or restaurant, images of the destination, etc.
- Follow leaders in your industry.
- Comment on other pages’ status updates and pictures – just remember to keep it relevant.
- Ask fans to share your posts. (Obviously the amount of sharing will increase if you offer them discount…)
For more tips and discussions on this topic, book your workshop with Travelling Mystery Guest by contacting Renate on email@example.com / 082 336 1562.
Happy targeting! 🙂