People have been fond of stories for centuries. They can identify with it. Stories have been told over the years in order to explain, educate and entertain. Back then, people and children could sit and listen to the stories that were told. Today stories need to include visual content in order to draw attention.
Isn’t this ideal for a guesthouse, hotel or restaurant? Many of these destinations have some kind of history to share, a great view, some unique dishes or a reputation for the best service in town. Why not share this story with the public in the form of stories and images? It is such a great tool for content creation and really not difficult.
Ways to do it:
- Create a story book for kids that tells the story of your destination and what the readers will be able to see here.
- Share tidbits of your story on social media with photos of way back when…
- Create videos of the happenings at your destination.
- Teach your staff about your story and encourage them to share it with guests.
- Have annual concerts or performances at your destination and tell your story through plays and music.
These are but a few of the millions of creative ideas you can use to tell your story. An exciting exercise for anyone who likes to explore new, creative opportunities.