It’s hard to keep everyone happy and entertained over weekends – especially if you don’t know them well. Travelling Mystery Guest has identified a few tips and ideas on how you can keep guests entertained over weekends at your destination:
- Provide them with a booklet that includes all the possible attractions in the area.
- Give guests the option of having a family picnic in the hotel / guesthouse’s garden.
- Hold quiz nights at your restaurant.
- Rainy day? Provide guests with board games in the rooms – this is the ideal time to spend some quality family time!
- Organise a town or city tour for your guests and show them all the hidden gems of your surrounds. Have some of the locals join in on the fun and educate guests about your environment and the locals living there. You can even create your own customized tourist attraction map.
- Hold art weekends where guests have the opportunity to take part in pottery or painting classes.
- Hold family cook-offs for the families staying over.
- Organise a local organic market for one weekend per month at your destination. You’ll be sure to have a few walk-ins too!
- Have local musicians perform at your venue.
- Hold movie nights (with just a white sheet, a few cushions and popcorn you can get quite far, trust me!).
- Think karaoke evenings for kids, or even guitar hero and Wii. Kids can keep themselves busy with this for hours!
- Provide guests with a list of local restaurants (be sure that they are tried and tested… you don’t want to refer them to a dodgy, horse-meet-selling restaurant) – except if that is what they want? You can always suggest a restaurant-hopping evening for them: entrees at one restaurant, mains at a second and dessert at another.
- Make up mystery baskets and invite families to cook their own dinner. Just make sure that you have enough space to do this. Another option is to take it outside – have them make a “potjie” or have a braai.
Do you have ideas you’d like to add? Feel free to comment below!
Happy weekend everyone. 🙂