How can you identify and get to know your fans (target market) on Facebook? In our previous post we had a look at why we need to know our Facebook fans and the process of defining them. Today we look at the questions to ask and growing your Facebook fan base:
Ask the right questions:
- How many people are in my target market?
- Where does my target market hang out?
- What does my target market enjoy the most?
- What does my target market worry about the most?
- How much is my target market willing to spend?
- Does my target market consist of different segments?
- What makes the people in my target market feel welcome?
Now…what do you do with all this information? You use it to help you…
- write better content and web copy that will relate to the right target markets and encourage them to engage with your brand,
- understand where to spend more time when it comes to networking, and
- see why people rather buy from you than from your competitors.
How can you grow your fan base on Facebook?
- Update your profile and/or company page on a regular basis to keep information up to date. This includes your contact details, maps and directions to your hotel, guesthouse or restaurant, images of the destination, etc.
- Follow leaders in your industry.
- Comment on other pages’ status updates and pictures – just remember to keep it relevant.
- Ask fans to share your posts. (Obviously the amount of sharing will increase if you offer them discount…)
Happy targeting! 🙂